The Most Perfect Sourdough Banana Bread
Besides a big list of beneficial bacteria that is in sourdough, I'm telling you...this particular bread will knock you off your feet. Soft, just the right amount of banana taste, and a slight vanilla afterthought.
- 2 cups *Flour I use organic unbleached all purpose flour. 2 cups (250g)
- 1/2 teaspoon *Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon *Salt
- 1/2 cup *Butter I just made homemade butter the other day-I kid you NOT! I was so dang excited.(1 stick of butter=113g)
- 1/2 cup *Brown Sugar 1/2 cup (100g)
- 1/2 cup *Granulated Sugar "regular sugar." 1/2 cup (100g)
- 2 eggs *Eggs 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon *Vanilla
- 4 bananas *Bananas I like to use the ones that are pretty brown-they will be the sweetest. I like to use 4 bananas.
- 1 cup *Sourdough Starter
1. I like to take my butter out before I do anything else to let it come to room temperature. 2. Preheat that oven to 350 degrees. I get a loaf pan prepared by rubbing organic butter (or homemade-I'm telling you so easy) all over the pan. 3. In your mixer, add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir that mixture around until combined. I use a fork here. 4. Add the room temperature butter, and both sugars to the bowl. Mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Don't over think this. Just mix. 5. Next add your eggs, vanilla, bananas, and sourdough to the bowl. Mix on medium speed until well blended. 6. Pour it all into your 9x5 pan/loaf pan. Bake for around 40 min to start. I like to test my bread at this point with a butter knife. Did it come back clean? Then it done. Did it come back with batter? Set a timer for 5 additional minutes and check again. I don't like to over bake anything which is why I do this. 6. Once butter knife comes back clean, take out of oven, and let it rest for at least 10 min. One, it's hot, but it will also be easier to slice when you let it cool. 7. ENJOY!